Renewable Solar Energy for South Africa
South Africa is one of the areas with the highest count of sunny days per year in the world, therefore making it one of the most appropriate places in the world to leverage this free and sustainable energy source. A photo-voltaic (PV) panel uses the sun’s light to create an electric current, not the heat, as is commonly misunderstood (heat, termed ‘thermal’, is used to heat water).
Now is the time to embrace the sun! It is uncertain how long Eskom will remain a viable option as the monolithic, monopolistic and dictatorial supplier of power, whilst it ranks right up there with the worst of distressed and dysfunctional organizations in the country. Load-shedding and unplanned power outages are becoming the norm, rather than the exception – Read the following very revealing articles, and draw your own conclusions:
- Courts tell government to sort out Eskom payment mess
- Eskom ‘technically bankrupt’ as debt hits R400 billion
- Eskom’s debt is now more than SA’s total budget for health and education
- And these are just the tip of the iceberg – Just Google “Eskom in debt” and see for yourself
More and more South Africans are waking up to the reality of Free Renewable Energy – Solar for every household and business in the country. People are starting to realize that they can get out of the doomed grip (err… grid), at virtually the same cost per month (in some cases even less) than the skyrocketing rates with which Eskom have held us captive for so long, and at the same time, increasing the resale value of our properties. Think about it; one day you are still on the grid, and the next day, at the flip of a switch, you’re Off the Grid forever (assuming a full-blown Off-Grid solution)! No more Eskom bills every month; you are paying off your own investment in the power of the sun, and after you have paid off the investment, your energy supply is Free and Clean, for as long as you live. What a gift for your legacy – Your descendants will thank you for generations to come…
If you are interested to learn how you can finance your solar project, scroll to the bottom of this page and drop us a note.
Can Solar Save you on Electricity Bills?
Lower Monthly Electricity Bills
Solar is more affordable and accessible today because the cost of solar systems has dropped and a range of financing options can help you meet your goals. Whether you lease, take out a loan, or purchase a system, you may be able to start generating savings right away.
Solar can save you money by replacing electricity from the grid with solar electricity generated on your roof. The cost of solar plus any remaining electric bill amount may be lower than what it was before solar.
Key Factors that Determine whether you can Save by Going Solar
- How much sun hits your roof
- How much power you consume
- Electricity rates
- Applicable incentives
- Supportive solar policies
- Hardware, installation, and monitoring costs
Does Solar Increase the Value of your Home?
Home buyers are willing to pay a premium for a home with a purchased solar installation.
For homeowners concerned with rising electricity prices, a solar home helps control electricity costs and may provide savings over time. This increase in value applies to homes with purchased solar installations, not financed systems.
Battery Powered Homes – The Australian Case
If you are seriously considering going Solar, this is an absolute ‘must see’ video. It completely unpacks the mysteries surrounding the technology and provides you with a hands-on practical demonstration of how Australia plans to beat the fossil fuels monsters!
The Paradigm Shift!
Some very interesting predictions by people in the know…
- Auto repair shops will disappear.
- A petrol/diesel engine has 2,000 individual parts. An electrical motor has 20. Electric cars are sold with lifetime guarantees and are only repaired by dealers. It takes only 10 minutes to remove and replace an electric motor.
- Faulty electric motors are not repaired in the dealership but are sent to a regional repair shop that repairs them with robots.
- Your electric motor malfunction light goes on, so you drive up to what looks like a car wash, and your car is towed through while you have a cup of coffee and out comes your car with a new electric motor!
- Petrol pumps will go away.
- Street corners will have meters that dispense electricity (from renewable energy sources). Companies will install electrical recharging stations; in fact, they’ve already started in the developed world.
- Smart major auto manufacturers have already designated money to start building new plants that only build electric cars.
- Coal industries will go away. Gasoline/oil companies will go away. Drilling for oil will stop. So say goodbye to OPEC! The middle-east is in trouble. Eskom is already in a doom-loop to self-destruction.
- Homes will produce and store more electrical energy during the day than they use and will sell it back to the grid. The grid stores it and dispenses it to industries that are high electricity users or the poor. Has anybody seen the Tesla roof?
- A baby of today will only see personal cars in museums. The FUTURE is approaching faster than most of us can imagine or handle.
- In 1998, Kodak had 170,000 employees and sold 85% of all photo paper worldwide. Within just a few years, their business model disappeared and they went bankrupt. Who would have thought of that ever happening?
- What happened to Kodak and Polaroid will happen in a lot of industries in the next 5-10 years … and most people don’t see it coming.
- Did you think in 1998 that 3 years later, you would never take pictures on film again? With today’s smart phones, who still needs a conventional camera these days?
- Yet digital cameras were invented in 1975. The first ones only had 10,000 pixels, but followed Moore’s law. So as with all exponential technologies, it was a disappointment for a time, before it became way superior and mainstream in only a few short years.
- It will now happen again (but much faster) with Artificial Intelligence, health, autonomous and electric cars, intelligent homes, education, 3D printing, agriculture and jobs.
- Forget the book, “Future Shock”, welcome to the fourth Industrial Revolution Information Technology and Renewable Energy. It is inevitable.
- Software has disrupted and will continue to disrupt most traditional industries in the next 5-10 years.
- Uber is just a software tool, they don’t own any cars, and are now the biggest taxi company in the world! Ask any taxi driver if they saw that coming.
- Airbnb is now the biggest hotel company in the world, although they don’t own any properties. Ask Hilton Hotels if they saw that coming.
- Artificial Intelligence: Computers become exponentially better in understanding the world. This year, a computer beat the best Go-player in the world, 10 years earlier than expected.
- In the USA, young lawyers already don’t get jobs. Because of IBM’s Watson, you can get legal advice (so far for right now, the basic stuff) within seconds, with 90% accuracy compared with 70% accuracy when done by humans. So, if you study law, stop immediately. There will be 90% fewer lawyers in the future, (what a thought!) only omniscient specialists will remain.
- Watson already helps nurses diagnosing cancer, its 4 times more accurate than human nurses.
- Facebook now has a pattern recognition software that can recognize faces better than humans. In 2030, computers will become more intelligent than humans.
- Autonomous cars: In 2018 the first self-driving cars are already here. In the next 2 years, the entire industry will start to be disrupted. You won’t want to own a car anymore as you will call a car with your phone, it will show up at your location and drive you to your destination.
- You will not need to park it you will only pay for the driven distance and you can be productive while driving. The very young children of today will never get a driver’s license and will never own a car. They won’t need it
- This will change our cities, because we will need 90-95% fewer cars. We can transform former parking spaces into green parks.
- About 1.2 million people die each year in car accidents worldwide including distracted or drunk driving. We now have one accident every 60,000 miles; with autonomous driving that will drop to 1 accident in 6 million miles. That will save a million lives plus worldwide each year.
- Most traditional car companies will no doubt become bankrupt. They will try the evolutionary approach and just build a better car, while tech companies (Tesla, Apple, Google) will do the revolutionary approach and build a computer on wheels.
- Look at what Volvo is doing right now; no more internal combustion engines in their vehicles starting this year with the 2019 lineup of models, leveraging all electric or hybrid, with the intent of phasing out hybrid models.
- Many engineers from Volkswagen and Audi are completely terrified of Tesla, and they should be. Look at all the companies offering all electric vehicles. That was unheard of, only a few years ago.
- Insurance companies will have massive trouble because, without accidents, the costs will become cheaper. Their car insurance business model will disappear.
- Real estate will change. Because if you can work while you commute, people will abandon their ivory towers to move far away to more beautiful affordable neighborhoods.
- Electric cars will become mainstream about 2030; that’s 12 years from now! Cities will be less noisy because all new cars will run on electricity.
- Cities will have much cleaner air as well.
- Electricity will become incredibly cheap and clean.
- Solar production has been on an exponential curve for 30 years, but you can now see the burgeoning impact. And it’s just getting ramped up.
- Fossil energy companies are desperately trying to limit access to the grid to prevent competition from home solar installations, but that simply cannot continue – technology will take care of that strategy.
- Health – The Tricorder X price will be announced this year. There are companies who will build a medical device (called the “Tricorder”, from Star Trek fame) that works with your phone, which takes your retina scan, your blood sample and you breath, an analyses 54 bio-markers that will identify nearly any disease. There are dozens of phone apps out there right now for health purposes.
WELCOME TO TOMORROW – it actually arrived already, and most people are still happily oblivious…
Why is Solar the Solution?
Investment in solar- and renewable energy – such as wind, biomass, etc, provides an ecological and viable alternative to traditional fossil fuel energy that will reduce your carbon footprint and contribute to slowing climate change. Here we bring you some of the facts about Photo Voltaic panels, also known as solar electricity. We show you the benefits, both in cash (in your pocket) and to the environment.
How Solar Works
A solar electric installation, otherwise known as a Photovoltaic (PV) installation, generates a constant and renewable source of energy by harnessing the power of the sun to create clean, green energy. This energy can then be used to power your electrical appliances. Read more »
Become Energy Independent!
And Some Case Studies
Traditionally, residential solar power systems were Grid-Tied, which means that they connect directly to the power grid which is controlled by your power company (Eskom). During the day, if your solar installation generates more electricity than you can consume and your batteries are fully charged, it may be possible that this ‘excess’ electricity can be fed back to the grid, making your house act as a small power station. Read more »
The sun is the greatest resource we have available to us, and it is absolutely free. We are facing a significant threat of diminishing natural resources (fossil fuels, such as oil, gas and coal), and not only are these resources becoming increasingly scarce but they are also causing significant environmental damage and degradation (global warming). Read more »
The rEVolution is Here
And Most People Don’t Even Know It!
Watch this amazing video by Tony Seba – Clean Disruption of Energy & Transportation – for a rare insider scoop on what is happening and how Clean Energy has already transformed the world. And it’s happened already…
Courtesy: Tony Seba
First things first – Before you embark on your solar project, download this very handy Configurator to establish your Solar Needs first (Microsoft Excel 2016 workbook format). It also contains a host of other very useful worksheets, including the Finance Calculator, that will assist you in your renewable energy quest.